Follow the Sun....

A diary of Leigh & Rita's trip to the USA, Cook Islands, New Zealand, Australia,Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore and a little add on, Barcelona.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Good morning Bondi

Well, good morning it is.

We are now staying at Nadia's parents B & B in Bondi Beach. Nadia is Phil Pashley's sister in law - Mick (Phil's brother) & Nadia both live in Bondi.

The place (Bondi) was rocking last night. It's full of young people, so Rita & myself slot in nicely.

Talking of which, Rita has just gone for a run along the beach. She is hardly distinguishable from all the Bondi lovelies, also taking their morning constitutionals (well, not from this Internet cafe, half a mile off the front).
At least we started working on our bodies this morning, not an insubstantial task. We've been for a good swim in the 50 metre sea water pool next to the beach. It was cold. The weather here though is good - as indeed it was in our last 3 days in NZ.

More to follow - we're going to see Sydney soon - I hope he's expecting us.

Hi Peops, It is me, Rita. Good Evening. I have just read Leigh's (oops, I mean, 'Leon's') synopsis of Bondi and he has pretty much covered it! However, we have dined out happily but alas it is only 9.15pm and so far too early to go to bed, so here we are keying into our Blog to spend our time USEFULLY (for a change!). I could of course explain to you how I spent my birthday instead which was on 6.01.07, the day before yesterday. However, i do not wish to be accused of being one for a bloody good sob story so I have decided to move swiftly on...Actually, I am being a bit unfair here, because this year my birthday was at least 'different'. Previous years I used to spend it 'with friends, getting drunk'. Oh, how orginal! If you want 'original', well, let me tell you, 2007 hitting 56 (not quite qualifying for all varieties just yet, thank you), travelling on a bus, aeroplane and taxi all in one day, well, that was original! And then, it was just Leigh (Chirst, I mean, 'Leon') and me, a meal for two, a table for two, and three whole birthday cards (each one read and scanned over and over), cooked (not the cards!) via Master Chef LJM (you see using his initials avoids any confusion...) which was oh, dead good. So, dead good that we both survived the experience pretty well, really. Aah, are you still with me Dear Reader? Oh good. Such perseverance is admirable.

So, Bondi? It is Malibu without the class. Without the posers. It feels real. It is like a massive outdoor sunny gymnasium. Everyone either running, jogging, surfing, swimming, stretching, roller blading or doing gymnastics. They are all beautiful people and so slim, skinny and slender. (Of course there is a difference and if you can't see it then settle for emphasis!) Everyone seems to wear happy intelligent and engaging expressions on their faces. Clearly a daily dose of sunshine and exercise and being slim is good for one's sense of self. So, Leigh and I, determined to learn something from our exposure to these different cultures set off this morning for an early morning swim. Cripes, it was cold. So cold, it made me want to cry. I resisted, just. Then off for a run, along the promenade. Leigh did the same but went barefoot along the sand (in deference to his dodgy hips). Since then we have done some coastal walking and because we have been so 'good' we have rewarded ourselves this evening with a bottle of wine (yup, we need a reason) and a Thai meal. And now off in search of chocolate. Well, clearly we are good for Bondi and lets just hope that we are as pleasing to Harbour Bridge tomorrow. Ok that doesn't scan. I am not a poet. I emphatically deny that one. Oh, we agree then. Jolly good. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home